Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cause of the fact that Speedparts still doesn't know when my exhaust is going to arrive. I cancelled the order last monday and olso ordered a exhaust from Simmons. About 10 minutes later. And today already it arrived. I'm going to fit it Saturday. Beeing a mechanic I hate to pay for things I can do myself.
Do any of you Tuned Saab drivers have experience with Simmons? Regarding sound production and gaining power. I know it will not be much. But sure would like to know your experiences.

At Full Speed whic stand are you guys on. My 9000 will be standing at stand nr. 30 ( Street Legal R On Sunday

See you there

·
Registered
563 Posts
Had such an exhaust on a '92 900i16v.

It's probably slightly better flowing, but don't expect to feel a significant difference in power on a 9000 2.3i. NA engines need backpressure to avoid loss of torque.

Quality is alright, it's good value for money. Same goes for the JT, although the endtip on a JT isn't as goodlooking as the one on the Simons.

The exhaust is very quiet, but the sound is nice.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There should be and by the way I got the name slightly wrong It is Simons.
Yet I already I've mounted the new exhaust. I couldn't wait till saturday. They did a nice job on this exhaust, perfect fit. And a nice deep roaaaar when I hit the Pedal. It most certanly is

It is Simons

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Running a Simons half system (2.5") on Saabine, which I bought and had installed in 1995 (!). The muffler still looks pretty much like new. The wld on the tailpipe did start to rust quite early in its life, but regular treatment with Fertan and high temp paint keeps it looking nice. The polished stainless twin tailpipes are still shiny, too, and people who heard Saabine rumble at the last Speed show (only on Saturday, long story...) can attest to it sounding very .

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Don't Simons make the Jetex exhausts? Or is it the other way around??

When I get round to the exhaust I'll probably fit the Jetex/Simons 2.5" turbo half system to my C900i. I'm thinking that way I'll keep the back pressure at the downpipe to some extent but open things up enough behind to pick up a couple or six horses. Silly idea??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Jetex sells Simons exhausts in the UK. Not a bad system. Had one on my 900i 16v and it made it a bit perkier - nothing earth shattering though. I think all the Simons systems are 2.5" regardless of whether or not they are a turbo application.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts