Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 9000 CDE 1993/94

the silver strip that fits into grooves on each of the front bumpers has split and half has fallen off.

Does anyone know where i could get a replacement from, either new or second hand?
I live in kent
also do you know how easy it is to fit?
Thanks for any advice
Jeremy

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The chrome strip is very easy to replace when the bumper has been removed.
Two 19mm bolts from memory and a few 8mm bolts to remove the bumper? sorry long time since I removed one but I'm sure someone will know better but when the bumper is removed the strip is held in place by a metal spring clip at either end and is a few seconds of a job.
I would have thought it was a dealer only part but maybe the 9000 boys will know of a aftermarket supplier ?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
EuroCarParts lists it (as a "decor strip"), but they took forever to get one for me so I cancelled it and got it from the dealer instead at only a few quid more. Other than those two, I don't know of anywhere. It's about £40-£45. I don't know about the CDE, as that will have the old-style front, but on the CS/CSE the front bumper needs to come off, which isn't hard at all as long as the screws holding the plastic underpanels on aren't rusted into their fixings.

Don't lose the little spring clips at either end of the strip as they don't come with it and would have to be ordered separately.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Saabman:
[qb]Two 19mm bolts from memory and a few 8mm bolts to remove the bumper?[/qb][/b]
Exactly. I did two of these (swapped bumpers between two 9000s) a couple of months ago. As I remember, the plastic underpanels at each side need to be removed for access, on the CS anyway.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Be careful of one thing. The Haynes manual tells you to disconnect (electrically) the ambient air temperature sensor which lives behind the bumper. There is no need to do this as you can just unclip the sensor bracket and leave the wires attached. If you do disconnect the wires, DO NOT then turn on the ignition. If you do, the dash display will show "error" everytime you start. As far as I know, this then needs to be reset by your friendly dealer's diagnostic computer. (Mine did anyway)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.