Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there i plan in the near future to replace all of the breather, charcoal cannister, and APC hoses, as they look like the original parts, and are starting to look a bit tatty. i also plan to change all the rubber bungs on the intake manifold and on the rocker cover. The question is....

a) does anyone know the correct intenal diameters for ALL these hoses, including the charcoal cannister behind the bumper, and how much does it roughly cost?

B) i rang a local dealer about the bungs, silly prices, can they be bought as a copy part, and if so where, and how much are they?

Hey thats two questions, oh well

all the best

Teesside Saab

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Just replaced all manifold hoses (ie., PCV, MAP & turbo BPV &c) with 4mm internal (2mm external) silicon and this works fine. Don't know about the charcoal canister tho'.

About the "rubber bungs", I might be being thick here but are we talking gaskets If so the Scanparts ones are cheap and plentiful. I paid a tenner for my rocker cover set.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If you are talking about the rubber bungs that house the adapters for the vacuum pipes and breather pipes, then they are about £3 each. I had to replace one and the adapter on holiday last month when they blew out of the manifold. That was at a dealer as well.

Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts