Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help....

The aero is still playing up a bit. I need silicon hoses soon. wher in norfolk can you get them, i've been everywhere and cant get silicon or rubber in the right size.

I'vew now tie wrapped 12 hoses on the car as another 3 blew off on xmas day when collecting the granparents from Norwich.

These are now all replaced and boost is back to normal (3/8 to 1/2 solid red).

Also, since the last pipe blow off episode (4 in the last 6 weeks), the car hit the overboost cutout 3 times on Friday for a split second, once in 3rd, once in 4th and once in 5th.

What is the overboost cutoff set too? my top boost used to be 16.5psi (standard aero, confirmed and checked by saab garage) when using 95 octane fuel, i've been using mainly optimax these last 3 months though and haven't really seen higher boost, but have seen longer high periods.

recirc dump valve is working fine (can hear it in the car).

Anyone any ideas?

Andrew

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Andrew, try Demon Tweeks. They do silicone vacuum hoses. They only list red or blue on their site, but apparently can supply black as well.

If you order online, be aware that their secure ordering isn't always as secure as they claim. If your browser doesn't support 128-bit encryption (mine doesn't), then you will still get a page saying "Secure area", but the transaction will not be secure (an open padlock icon at the bottom of the browser). I've e-mailed them about this and had no response.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.