Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and I am sad to say goodbye.
After losing my 5 week old CSE to fire i have just got my settlement from the insurance.

£500 less than i paid for the car 9 weeks ago.

I argued, pleaded, swore, gave evidence that my type of car sold for that kind of price to no avail, their book said £1500 (less 200 excess)so thats all i was getting no matter what.

Highway insurance.
Highway bloody robbery more like.
for anyone not listening i said Highway Insurance so be warned

I have had nothing but bad luck with the past two saabs i have owned so i have decided not to buy another.

maybe in time when finances improve enough to buy new or nearly new with full warranty i might have another.
bad luck with cars is maybe unavoidable but losing money like that is just damn unfair.
autotrader has various cars similar age, model ,miles all around the £2500 mark but insurance aren't interested, their book price is all they will pay.
I have enjoyed being part of this excellent forum and wish it every success for the future, i'll drop in now and then just to be nosey
best wishes to all and enjoy your

Davy.

·
Registered
865 Posts
well,even though we have not met i am really sorry to see a fellow ayr member go but i understand your bitterness,mpen was another but at least i met him. i have had saabs for thirty years,no real problems,i would not drive anything else.maybe i have been lucky but these cars are the dogs .... if you get a good one.all the best zep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.