Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the ACC display repair the other day, so thought I would attack my SID too - there are only 2 lines missing, but I thought it might be nice to have no lines missing!

I tried levering it out of the dash first, but it didn't want to know. Then I took the radio out, and tried pushing it out from behind. It still didn't want to know.

Before I damage it any more than I have already, are there any secret screws / clips I need to release before it will slide out? I am not a weak guy, but this thing will not budge.

Car is a 1998 9-5 2.0 LPT Auto!

Help!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, no hidden screws or anything. Try pushing the rear of the unit up as well as out and it should come out fairly easily.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, it wasn't easy, but at least I got it out. The side tabs on mine were quite proud, so it took some brutal force to dislodge it. Still, got it out, replaced a couple of bulbs, tried in vain to fix the missing pixels - will have another go at them over the weekens!

After I put it back, I tried taking it out again - it was a heck of a lot easier the 2nd time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.