Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 2003 93 is due its MOT. My SID is constantly showing a left brakelight failure even though all rear lights are working fine. Question is will this be an MOT failure. Does the SID display even have to work?

Davycc

·
Registered
85 Posts
Supposed to check all display lights function so I guess if one remains on it might be a 'Fail'?

Can you not get hold of a diagnostic reader, it could be as simple as requiring a reset.

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
May well be just an advisory, airport is correct that all warning functions should work . ( airbag , eml, etc etc ) . I'e come on with ignition , but go out once system checks have been completed
But also a visual of the said lights , if lights work , and function correctly, then that's a pass ,
. Some MOT places will advise on a fault like the one you have . Just to cover there own backs .

·
Administrator
5,082 Posts
the saab bulb out warning works on resistance,the system tells you the bulbs are failing before they actually blow..also check the wiring and socket on the side that is showing failure as they're known to melt..

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
this maybe a stupid question but are you sure they are ALL working ok, when i first had my saab i was confused to start with, there are two bulbs in each side (brake light and side light) if the brake light bulb goes in one side it shifts the power of the brake light to the other bulb to maintain a working brake light so you may well have a bulb out on that side but the car is compensating

1 - 6 of 6 Posts