Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wsup guys, How ya been? Well the trannies still acting up a lil' bit. As of now I'm trying to focus on figuring out the "shudder" I'm getting under hard accel.,it only comes on past half(1/2)throttle and makes the tranny buck a bit when it shifts. I'm having a REAL hard time determining if its the turbo pressure valve,or a busted accumulator spring.I've checked the fluid and the level is normal,its a lil' dark (burgundy/brownish), it doesnt smell bad or burnt. I havent drained any and passed a magnet through it yet,but I plan on that in a few days. I've shifted manually and the bucking is gone but the shudder is still there.I watched the turbo gauge and it goes into the "orange" fine.I havent noticed any spikes or fluctuations in the boost,so I'm really confused at this point.

Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated!!
Thanx,
JUSTIN=^)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shudder/hesitation-If & when I floor it,it wont take off,it'll shudder and accelerate slowly,sometimes almost cutting off.
Motor mounts are bad,but they were bad when I first got the car and the car didnt have the shudder when I first got it.The shudder came about a month after owning it.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I'd like to help, but I can't offer any other suggestions. But I'd get the mounts done ASAP if they're knackered, my 89 Carlsson had a bad judder on releasing the clutch (not necessarily on hard acceleration though) but this went once the mounts were renewed.

Sorry I can 't help more.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Mechnowhiz69:
[qb]Sounds like you have 2 problems 1st is the classic symptoms of such a c*** g/box at the end of its life      and 2nd is the DI cassette playing up normally show at approx 3000 rpm on wide throttle openings   [/qb][/b]
I think u got it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts