Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else in the UK got a 1989 (early poss 1988 spec) Carlsson with Tan Interior? Most of em seem to be grey, is my car unique?

If so it's worth spending money on (which is something I've been doing a lot of lately :-( ) As I've seen Carlsson's going for a measly £1500 on auto trader my minds in a right fix.

- Also, mines developed a problem rather the opposite of EdCarlssonAbotts, I only get 1/2 boost most of the time. TSL reckon it's either the APC solenoid or the knock sensor, what say anyone else??

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My 2.0L Carlsson CD has grey interior - dont really think that a tan interior would effect the price.
Also had the same 1/2 boost problem and that was the APC solenoid valve - I got a second hand one for £30. Still get a problem with 1/2 boost first thing in a morning which I think is the old tappets taking a while to stop 'tapping' and hence affecting the knock signal (but I'm not sure about this). After ten minutes it clears itself.
Check Townsends wed-site for checking your APC/DI system - dont try the calibration bit with jumper wires across the throttle switch - it dosnt work! System (my did) self learns.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Adrian ...

Yeah mine has noisy tappets as well so much of the problem may be just due to the knock sensor doing what its supposed to do. As you say after 10 minutes of running at 2500 rpm + the car quickens considerably, although I find I have to keep pushing the car to keep boost levels up. If I cruise gently for say 10 - 15 minutes then try and overtake, things can go pair shaped.

I'll try the APC Solenoid out anyway, for £30 it's worth a gamble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.