Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I currently have an 08 93 Aero and was looking at maybe changing it for a 95, most likely a vector as 95 aero's are very rare in Ireland!
Any advice/opinions?:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,732 Posts
this is more of a question than anything because in the back of my mind i thought there was a problem, but isn't there a problem with getting hold of spare parts for the New 9-5 as not many are being broken down
and saab parts claim they can supply 95% of the parts required so what is included in the remaining 5%?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i was going for a new 9-5, i'd be going for the Aero TTiD. So much nicer
Would agree but not an aero to be got in the South, if I can sell my 93 privately I will head over to the UK, even there I had a quick look they isnt a huge number of Aero's around....I could be wrong!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I drive one, an Aero TTID that is and have had a minor front end bingle requiring a new front "bumper" . Could be the distance I suppose but I am still waiting for the part after 8 weeks.
The good thing though is they haven't said it is not available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
The good news is Brennan the crash shop has just rung and the parts have just arrived. At least we got them. Now to fit and paint and make her look like new again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys my EGR Cooler went in my 93 and a new one is €750, neo bros are selling one for £510, stupid question but is this a second hand part? I will ring them in the morning but wanted to know if anyone would know the best price of a new one part number; 55212234, 55212233
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
8 weeks, thats not good :(
Back in 2004 a work colleague with a vw passat (company car) had a prang. It was taken off the road and he was 3 months before the parts arrived for the repair. Apparantly VW kept body work items in germany rather than on the shelves in UK - but still, you could walk to germany in that time (with a bit of a swim ;-))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Hi Folks,

I currently have an 08 93 Aero and was looking at maybe changing it for a 95, most likely a vector as 95 aero's are very rare in Ireland!
Any advice/opinions?:confused:
If you collect it on the 22nd, it'll be a year since you started looking - anniversary.... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Well done for finding your new car!

As you've got a XWD I strongly recommend you get the rear diff checked out - there appears to be a weakness and/or design fault in the rear diff that allows water ingress via the breather pipe which destroys the clutches. Mine went at just 27k miles and for my Vector SE 2.0 Auto it's over £2k to replace! I'm told the aero's are considerably more.

From bitter experience I can say that Saab's own Saab Secure extended warrantee won't cover this failure.

Beside that it's a fabulous car and the XWD does amazing things for the handling of such a large car, so I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine over the last year / 9k miles.

Chris.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the heads up Chris... probably a stupid question but can the diff be verified without going ripping!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Sorry I didn't spot your question on the next page!

Certainly the fluids and filter can be changed in-situ, and whilst not cheap @ c. 130 GBP just for the oils, plus filter and labour, it will give you a very good idea of the condition of the guts of the beast.

Chris.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top