Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new tyres.

Took the fitters 1h 15m minutes to fit 2, several attempts, a bucket of soap, and 95 and 105 psi to seat them respectivly!

They are now down at 37 psi

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
And I got a set of 205/55R15 on the C900T the other week too- what a difference it's made to the handling rather than the grotty old weedy sidewalled Continentals...

(edit- SO3s of course
)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Originally posted by Leon (agent K):
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Scaero (ecopower stg0):
[qb] new tyres.

Took the fitters 1h 15m minutes to fit 2, several attempts, a bucket of soap, and 95 and 105 psi to seat them respectivly!
[/qb][/b]
what you do buy 15" tyres for a 16" wheel?
[/qb][/b][/quote]Isnt it the fact that they are 225 section rather than the normal 205?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Leon (agent K):

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
new tyres.

what you do buy 15" tyres for a 16" wheel?  

Isnt it the fact that they are 225 section rather than the normal 205?[/b]
I've been using 225's for 6 years now on this car/rim with no fitting problems (Nangkang EX-500, Yoko's, Pirelli P-zero (lots and lots and lots of these), Michelin HX and SX which have just come off).

They are just very soft and sticky in the side wall

Andrew

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
S03s are cool! Best tire I have ever driven. I have 205/55-15 on my 1999 9-3. And they work quite well on the 'Ring!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've only got a pair at the moment, I didn't have the heart to tell the fitter that I'd be in for another pair soon.

The 75% worn michelins are going onto a spare set of rims and will be killed in paira on the front of the Craly over the summer (it eats 3 sets of tyres a year minimum).

Just as well I have a tyre fitting rig.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
[qb](it eats 3 sets of tyres a year minimum).

Andrew [/qb][/b]
It eats 3 sets of tyres? A Carly with teeth or an Andrew with leaden right foot ?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leaden right foot mainly.

Took the Beast for a spin tonight. The tyres are still a bit squrrelly. I'm hoping that they just need to bed in and chew up the surface a little.

Turn in, braking and turn in grip are not yet up to the previous michelion pair, but I'm sure that they will come on.

I've only done 45 miles so far.

Andrew

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I reckon it took about 200 miles of gentle M25 driving before I was getting improved grip on the SO-3's on my 9-5.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to add the the Scaero is now running at 'full potenza' now having made a 2nd visit to KMC this Friday.

The Carly is going to get to take the last 2-3mm of the Michelin SX's over the summer and 'those' khumo's can go back on for the autumn.

Andrew

1 - 19 of 19 Posts