Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I can't make the Emerald RR Meet and fancy a pub lunch / drink / look at some nice Saabs / meet some nice Saab people type meet

I'm open to suggestions from people on dates and places, but may I humble submit somewhere just south of M25, nice pub with good food and a big car park? Anybody know anywhere that might do, I'm new to this sort of thing!

I'm thinking Sevenoaks / Oxted sort of area (some nice pubs, nice roads, easy to get to)

In the next 2-3 weeks? Are saturdays easier for most people? I don't have much on so, again I am flexible!

Stick an edit in if you're interested, mention availability, suggest a preferred area, and if anybody knows a good meeting place then yell out!

Cheers,
Martin.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Martin - provided it is not August bank holiday weekend or Sept 4th, I'd be interested in coming along to an SE meet.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, how would next Sun be? 22nd August? Or is that to soon?

I have remembered a big pub on the A24, just west of Westerham. Not sure it's the nicest though so will keep thinking...

Somewhere a bit deeper into the countryside might be nice

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would be up for it, Sundays suit me best, cause of work commitments on Saturdays, could we make it an evening do??
Best to try and find somewhere easy-ish to find, I suspect we can probably drag out most of the east sussex saab club?
Don't know many places to go in that area, I am a bit too much of a local Sussex kinda guy.

Dulux

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the Woodman?

Quote from TVROC bloke -

We often meet at The Woodman at Ide Hill - we had 35 TVR's there yesterday.
They can park over 100 cars & the drive there is a peach.

Its bang slap in the middle of the area you mentioned, & the owners are very friendly towards car meets.

[/b]
www.thewoodman-idehill.co.uk/

As long as it's not too late in the evening, want to be able to see those cars!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, would lunchtime be a real problem?

I think these things tend to work nicer over a nice pub Sunday lunch rather than in the evening when everybody starts thinking about work on the Monday!

Just a suggestion!

If we can get a few people up for it I will give the pub a call and warn them!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am sure lunch time would be alright for me,
so do we have a date then??
Do you want to start one of those number list things??

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Righto!

The Date : Sunday 22nd August
The Time : TBC (11.30ish?)
The Place : The Woodman (see website above for location, on a very nice road, the B2027 between Edenbridge and Riverhead)

All the above is negotiable atm!

1) Fliptopbin (Martin) and Mrs.Fliptopbin (in my T16S!)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, that has to be the worst response to a meet suggestion I've ever seen

I guess we should consider it cancelled then?

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Well, I'm afraid that I can't make it. Maybe worth a try a bit later with a bit more notice?? Say mid-October? There's an A3 meet soon and some of the guys are going to Germany for a Nurburgring spin. Avoid those by a couple of weeks and you may be luckier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts