Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a '93 CS 2.0LPT.
I was tinkering over the weekend and came to the conclusion my idle (butterfly) endstop was not adjusted properly. Reason I think this is that the butterfly closes completely about the time the endstop is reached. ie. it is not open at all on idle. This, coupled with deposits round the throttle body makes the butterfly stick slightly at tickover.
Anyway, I've cleaned the throttle body (and IAC valve) and wound the stop in a bit so it ticksover at around 1500rpm with the AIC electrics disconnected. This is around 1.5 turns from the completely closed position. I also reset the position of the throttle position switch to match the new endstop position. Connecting up the IAC and it initially ran fast (around 1100rpm) with the check engine light on but after a good thrash it started behaving itself again.

So my question: How should the endstop be adjusted?
So far I have had two comments:
1) You don't need to adjust it, the factory setting is fine as the ECU takes care of everything. Patently untrue if it has been messed with as mine obvious had. (it certainly has now!)
2) Set the idle with the IAC disconnected. But what revs should I set it to?

Any comments please?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thanks. It is nice to see the symptoms listed sound familiar
Only problem is this refers to a 3 wire, gold IAC. Mine is a 2 wire silver one. Do you happen to know if the procedure is the same?

BR,
Toby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts