Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Setting Air-Con to off as default (95 MY06 model)

Hi All,

I've found a number of posts about how to turn the Air Con (A/C) off by default so that you never have to remember to turn it off each time you come to start the car in the mornings. However they all seem to cover the earlier 95 models with the older a/c units. I have a Saab 95 2007 vector sport estate... is it possible to make the A/C not operate by default (ie the green light to be illuminated on the A/C OFF button)?

Thanks in advance

Rodp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike, No - I've read it very carefully and many times and they don't say. I'm sure there will be some way but it's going to take some one from this expert forum i feel to advise. The reply might be it's a Tech2 thing in order to tell the car to remember it's settings for a longer time. Don't get me wrong, the car does remember but only for a short time - i think it's about 4 hours but after that it resets - I'm about to use my car in the next hour and so will double check this which is about 4.5 hours rest time. Will update later today. But in the meantime, if anyone out there knows any more techy info please do let me know. Thanks Rodp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, update for you - the a/c resets itself within 4 hours or sooner (car was left for 4.5 hours). I'll narrow it down a little more but i'm guessing we're going to find that the golden number is 3 hours. Will update when I know.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
can i ask why would you want to turn the a/c off? other than a little more mpg while driving whats the issue with leaving it on in the mornings?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update for everyone....So I came back to the car after 2 hours and it had reset the A/c. So is it after one hour then that it forgets the settings... I'll keep you posted.

can i ask why would you want to turn the a/c off? other than a little more mpg while driving whats the issue with leaving it on in the mornings?
>> Si, it's just that - I don't need it on. I've come from a Saab 9-3 with no climate control and so am used to it not being on. Also, I'm a stickler for wanting to be in control!! :p I would hope that there is a way for the unit to remember it's settings for a longer time and so if anyone has any ideas on this, please do let me know.

Many thanks

Rodp

·
Registered
44 Posts
What about if u go into settings then climate control settings?
I cant remember but i know u can have it auto off or high or something like that.I cant remember exactly the setting there but try it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about if u go into settings then climate control settings? I cant remember but i know u can have it auto off or high or something like that.I cant remember exactly the setting there but try it.
Hi blazed16, are you talking about a setting in the SID menu or Tech2? If you're saying SID, there doesn't seem to be any customize / customise section in the SID like I've read you have in 9-3's unless I've totally missed that whilst reading the manual and playing about. This is a MY06 (2007 9-5) model. Cheers Rodp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts