Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Servicing

Tags
servicing
2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Skiddins 
With most alloys today (open design) if you can't peer in and see the pad thickness for yourself then frankly you should get down to the opticians.[/b]
Theres your answer then Quarryeff. Forget the garages and us the opticians!!

Seriously though, the previous postrs here are right but they havent, to my mind, actually answered your question.
How does a fulls service command more money on a sale.[/b]
To my mind it shouldnt. OK so the safety check should be done but that is because the car must be road worthy on sale. Still, many purchasers want to feel like their (new to them) used car is new. And the garages are content to charge for work done. ( sorry if I offend those of you in the trade with his generalisation).

I bought a 90 sri cavalier at 1yr old. I told the guy I didnt want a warranty or service, just as it came into his garage - from England as it happens. 35000 miles on the clock then and the valves fell out at 194000. never serviced by anyone other than me and driven pretty hard.

Total repiars:-
wiper mechanism below the panel at the botom of windscreen
front o/s caliper (caused by me puncturing the piston seal)
Front n/s cv joint.

So I agree. no need for service by garage and mileage is much less a put off then it used to be. (sorry to use the words v*uxh*ll and C*v*lier in this thread).

Ha. Sorry about the spelling old boy. Im still running on the laptop coz the PC is
F%&ked and the keyboard on this is playing up. cursor keeps jumping around so all the words get mixed up as I type. other keys decide for themselves if theyre going to work and if so, when! (bit like me really).

Youve been quiet lately. Been on your Hols??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.