Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Here's a couple of questions I thought up whilst sitting in a M25 traffic jam.

1 Has anyone used the Alarm feature for anything other than seeing if it works?

2 When SAAB developed the speed warning buzzer, didn't they realise they were simply introducing the 125 MPH challenge?

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
217 Posts
My dad borrowed my car for a week whilst I was away. He is technically "illiterate" so I set the speed alarm to 65, so he could not speed. He counld not figure out how to switch it off, annoyed the hell out of him for the week, but it stopped him speeding.

And I like the sound of the 125mph challenge...

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you mean the clock alarm - yes. Many times. Very early morning starts travelling from Herts to Cardiff, Plymouth, Leeds etc often necessitate a tactical snooze in a service area somewhere on the M4. Alarm prevents me sleeping through until lunchtime.

Zip

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by StephenA:
[qb]but I guess if you are sleeping in the car overnight it might come in handy
[/qb][/b]
Have slept 3 in my 9000 previously after a late night in London and no forward planning for hotels! One on passenger seat, one on back seat, and one in the boot (me with the remote fob so I could pop the boot in case my colleagues went for a practical joke)! Good thing I had blankets and sleeping bags in the boot for everyone...

absgt

·
Registered
547 Posts
The day I bought my Aero I took it for a blast, totally unaware of the speed alarm function. When I reached a straight I opened her up a bit and there was loud beep. 'Yikes' I thought, 'the previous owner has a radar detector and I'm being tracked' so I slammed on the anchors and crawled along for a while, looking around for the cops. No sign of anything so I opened her up again. 'BEEP'. Slammed on the anchors again.
This went on for about 15 minutes before I stopped and fished out the manual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.