Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you need to have your earlier 9k gearbox rebuilt, then whilst it is out I would recommend getting a drain plug fitted. It just needs a boss welding on the the casing, which is quite cheap.

This give you the ability to change the oil easily, which I understand should be considered a regular service item if you are running sginificant extra power.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Indeed .
An alternative is to use one of the manual suction pumps made for the trade. They come with a variety of hoses to access various spaces and did mine a treat last year. Took all but a quarter of a litre out with the rear of the car jacked up. Helpful to have two neighbours who are in the know, saves a fortune in special tools .

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought a hand-pump for GBP 3 while visiting USA last year and it works great on gearbox oil. I believe Machine Mart does the same looking pump for GBP 7 in the UK (usual mark-up for Europe, same Chinese factory...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.