Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

self leveling headlight fault light ?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  I.w 
#1 ·
Hi am new to forum read a few old posts on this but they give conflicting info. I have 07 9-5 1.9 Diesel TID my headlihts come on drop to the lowest level and stay their then the warning light comes on . Was wondering if someone more knowledgable than me might know what the most likely culprit is . Have read that it's most likely to be the front sensor or wire to that sensor . Just wondering if anyone had any thought's have read that it could be a relay or a bulb any thoughts would be much appreciated .

#3 ·
done that thanks for answering . pretty sure it's the sensor itself although i've also noticed the ns headlight bulb is dimmer than the other one and is strobing a little probably a cheap aftermarket one . That's on it's way out and that side looks like a pain to get to .

#4 ·
I.w.

Certainly strobing is a sign of a lamp on the way out, as it a yellow tinge to the light. They are not that difficult to replace. The O/S is harder, requiring taking out the air flow meter to give a bit more space. Allow 10 mins or so after switching off for residual charged capacitors to leak away. The bulb is much longer that standard bulbs so be careful to pull it all the way out straight before wiggling to the side. I seem to remember that there is something toxic about the bulb contents so best to wear gloves in case of breakage.

Paul @ Kippen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.