Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cherry Red 9000i 1991 140k on the clock

Standard car, except for Turbo style alloys, very clean condition.

My Dad had one just like it, and I loved it. Maybe the one thing I'm likely to part with the 99 to get.

what do you think I should pay?

Answers on a postcard please.

·
Registered
600 Posts
About £400-500.

Not more than £750

I don't want to me a miserable git but I'll say it anyway, I had a 9000i and from about a week after i got it I wished I had got the Turbo.

Good lick

·
Registered
600 Posts
About £400-500.

Not more than £750

I don't want to me a miserable git but I'll say it anyway, I had a 9000i and from about a week after i got it I wished I had got the Turbo.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by JFP:
[qb]About £400-500.

Not more than £750

Good luck [/qb][/b]
You've got to realise I'll be stepping up from a 99, although there is a 2-litre injected Vectra in the family which will be quicker. I did have the opportunity to drive my Dad's and I thought it was wonderful.

The car is for sale by an enthusiast, not telling you the price, but it's quite a bit more than the figures above. Reason for sale? - he's getting a 9000 Aero!!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I must say I had a 9000i and it suited me/chick down to the ground,And it's easy in hindsight to say go for a Turbo and I would probably say the same now But don't we all get used to our cars after a while? when you first buy it it's quick enough but after a while it's to slow! then you wish you had bought the quickest in the range and then when you do you still want it to go faster.I would say if it's a nice car and you are not a speed freak it's worth buying if you are happy with the car

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Too right Saabman... I remember when I thought my 900 8 valve n/a was the fastest car in the business . Peter, I guess you don't fancy my wife's mother's dead sister's husband's 9000LPT auto in the classifieds then...

[edit] Was that last bit in bad taste? Heck I don't know.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Like JFP I bought a 9000i (after having a 900T16) and regretted it within the first week but the longer I've had the car the more I've grown to love it. IMO the n/a cars are slightly better round town as they pull away a little quicker. If you compare a 9000i with a turbo it will always be the poor relation, even running costs are similar but if you are looking for a big comfortable car that's tough, individual and loaded with extras then I reckon a 9000i is great value - if deep down you want a turbo a n/a car will never do!

As for a value, I reckon that with an older car it's its the potential for having to shell out big time that is more of an issue. You could save a few hundred quid on the purchase but need a head gasket and a clutch 6 months later and loose all that you've saved plus a bit.

I don't know if any of this makes any sense or am I just rambling........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts