Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just a quick question, I'm considering buying a 1988 9000i, which is selling locally for not much money, which I intend to use for commuting and not much else, just playing in. Is there anything in particular to look out for on a Saab of this age? I don't have much Saab experience, I've always had Audi's before. I believe there's not much service history or MOT with it, but it's only a few hundred quid, and I don't intend going far with it. Any advice oh learned ones?

Ta!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hiya Mark,

I'm new to the list & this is my first post. I've just recently purchased a 1989 9000CD Turbo for a few hundred quid. It's to be used for the Winter as my Summer car is not subjected to the salty conditions of Winter in this country. Anyway. The car has now done over 183k miles & is in excellent condition for it's age & mileage. If you're looking for a Turbo then the recomendations I found when doing my homework is to buy a car that's been regularly serviced. Mine has & there's no blue smoke & it runs like a dream. At the end of the day you're paying bubble-gum money for a car that at the time was streets ahead of most others in it's class. If you check the condition of the vehicle (Including underneath) & fully test drive & poke & prod then you'll be ok. The one other thing I learned was to check ALL electrical items. This is the SAAB 9000's weak point. (So I'm told). All the best & good luck with whatever SAAB you decide to plum for. Mal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts