Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a 9000 CDXS a few months back(anyone else got one?) and was wondering if it is possible to replace the seats(mine are that velour sort of stuff)which get very mucky very quickly with the interior from a similar 9000 very easily?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

I used to have a '92 CDXS and yes, it would be pretty straightforward to replace the seats. The front seats bolt to the seat rails - slide the seats all the way back to get to the front bolts and all the way forward to get to the rear bolts. You'll need to unplug the connectors for the seat heaters and the seat belt anchors (I think they're integral to the seat, but once the seat is out you may be able to take them off).

The rear seat cushion probably folds forwards (mine did). Reach down the back of the cushion somewhere in the middle and try and find the fabric handle to pull on.
I always thought this slightly odd since the seat back in the CD is bolted in place! But there you go...
Anyway, there are only 4 bolts, one at each corner which are dead easy to remove.

cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts