Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going round right handers (particularly roundbouts) at average speed, I get a whining noise out of the blower. It only happens when the blower is running.
any ideas ?
how easy is it to get to the blower motor/fan ?
cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
might be a litte late in the reply here but, I, (sorry to say) am a unwilling expert in this topic.I've done three in the past six months on my 94 9000cs 252k. dont ask. The biggest thing you need to do before you remove it is to disconnect the heater core hoses and secure them out of your way.It's very tight in there and they are more in the way upon installation.if your careful you wont need to take the wiper linkage apart and loosen up the ac housing and pry it to the left (veiwing from the front)that helps alot.good luck ,oh yea be prepared for a shock when you go buy a new fan motor. $244.00 from the dealer ouch!!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Depending on exactly what the noise is like, it could that the drains in the heater box are blocked, allowing condensed water to build up from the aircon. When going round right hand corners, the water sloshes to the left and meets the rotating fan blades. Take the cover off the aquarium, and then remove the fan speed controller and shine a torch into the heater box. If you can see any significant amount of water, clear out the drains, both from the box to the aquarium, and from the aquarium to the engine bay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like I said before....It is most positively your blower motor.my first fan screeched like hell around corners,and finally screeching all the time. so roll your sleeves up and bury your head in there and cut to the chase and change the motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.