Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at the Flying Museum at East Fortune airfield last week and they indicated that one of the Concordes will be displayed there from Easter next year.

Given the interest that Concordes departure engendered on the the boards I thought it might be an idea to have a meet out at the airfield sometime after Easter.

Spouses and weans could be left at Fort Kinnaird Retail Park (shops, cinema, bowling) which is just up the road or even at Ikea if you're really feeling wealthy.

Please add your name if you're interested.

1. Gordy.

[ 11.07.2004, 19:38: Message edited by: Leon [9-5 stg2] ]

·
Registered
454 Posts
1. Gordy
2. Microcat36
3. Dad Racer +2 weans
4. Whitesaab & clan
5. Heyes
6. Beefy1 & clan
7. Kommando

And they have a Spit too, need to check its flying days to see if we can time it to see it flying.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If I am in the country, I shall be there!

1. Gordy
2. Microcat36
3. Dad Racer +2 weans
4. Whitesaab & clan
5. Heyes
6. Beefy1 & clan
7. Kommando
8. TFatC

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have the goggles on and the white silk scarf fluttering in the breeze.Engaging after burner. Tally Ho

1. Gordy
2. Microcat36
3. Dad Racer +2 weans
4. Whitesaab & clan
5. Heyes
6. Beefy1 & clan
7. Kommando
8. TFatC
9. Asgard

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can you go up as a passenger in the spitfire? Mmmmm that's a possible request to Santa. I frequently see the fighter jets zooming upriver from my house and I'd love to go up in one of those. Banking and looping the loop, being sick in yer oxygen helmet!

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Gordy,
Don't know how much you'll see of Concorde if this is held around Easter time as it'll be still a giant 'airfix' kit....
The MoF website says she won't on display to the public until later in the summer.

It'll take a while for the BA engineers to put it all back together again, seeing as this is an operation that hasn't been done since the last one was built nearly 25 years ago.....and it's still being taken apart in the Concorde maintainance hanger as we speak......about 500yards from where I'm writing this....

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's still no dates mentioned for the Concorde exhibit apart from early summer. I'm starting to think that we should combine this trip with the Scottish Weekend Tour I'm planning for the end of the summer

1 - 20 of 80 Posts