Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello boys and girls,

I've spoken to the Museum of Flight at East Fortune (http://www.nms.ac.uk/flight/index.asp ) regarding a potential Saab visit.

The costs would be £5 per person to enter the museum plus £3 to visit the Concorde Experience. If there are more than 10 bodies then we get a 10% discount. A complication is that the Concorde Experience must be booked and paid for in advance (with no refunds) and we can only attend when they have space to fit us in. This, obviously, makes planning a visit much more difficult.

I'm keen to get ideas from folks as to how we can address this problem and, also, when people would like to attend. Do you want to make a Scottish weekend of it and build in a scenic tour and beer consumption evening?

Please let me know your thoughts and I can start to pull together an event.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To ensure that we get access to Concorde for all interested parties I would think that we'll need to give them plenty of notice and also avoid Bank Holiday weekends. Sometime in May perhaps?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi folks,

OK, I've booked 15 places on Concorde at 13:30 on Saturday 18th June. At the moment I've booked them all as adult seats but I can change that once I've got an idea of who is going and if there are any children or pensioners. Currently there are more seats available on that date but these will disappear the closer we get to the date.

I propose that we meet at 10am in the car park at the Hermiston Gait shopping centre which is located just off the Edinburgh City Bypass (A720). EH11 4DF will find it on Multimap. We set off in convoy for the air museum at 10:30am. That should give us plenty of time to get to the airfield, have a nose around each others cars, chat, have a look at some other exhibits etc before getting on Concorde. The Concorde experience only lasts 15 mins so there's plenty of time to see the rest of the museum before it closes at 5pm.

If anyone wants to add anything to the event ie evening meal or similar, let me know and I can investigate options.

As always add your name if you are interested, along with a note as to how many bodies you will be bringing and how many of them are eligible for concessions.

1. Gordy

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys,

Complete list is now:

1. Gordy
2. Mr & Mrs Microcat36 (2 tickets)
3. Alan forsyth , Lorraine and the 2 kids
4. Kenneth Larking (2 Adults & 2 Kids)(Possibly)
5. Stuart_MC (2 Adults, 1 toddler)
6. Mr & Mrs Heyes

I'll see you all at 10am on Saturday.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by Gordy:
[qb]Hi guys,

Complete list is now:

1. Gordy
2. Mr & Mrs Microcat36 (2 tickets)
3. Alan forsyth , Lorraine and the 2 kids
4. Kenneth Larking (2 Adults & 2 Kids)(Possibly)
5. Stuart_MC (2 Adults, 1 toddler)
6. Mr & Mrs Heyes

I'll see you all at 10am on Saturday. [/qb][/b]
Add 7. to that list Steve-Stg 2 (2 Adults & 2 Todlers....I know you love them Gordy

Anyone fancy the Doune hill sprint on Sunday?
This is an event which takes place every year at Doune, I have always wanted to go but have for the last 5 years been working on that weekend.
Starts on Saturday at Midday...I think! and continues on Sunday. Not sure of exact times and cost ATM but I can find out if anyone else is interested.

Steve

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If there's still interest after the visit, I have a video I made when the last flying Concorde came home to Bristol 18 months or so ago that I can share. Doreen and I work opposite British Aerospace and so had an excellent view of the whole event. Everyday now, we see Concorde looking sad, lonely and underused on the other side of the runway, in stark contrast to this day.

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.