Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Schoneville Saab, Glasgow

11K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  aerobird 
#1 ·
Wanted to recommend Schoneville Saab in Glasgow for servicing and MOT. Just had my P-reg 9000 serviced there and they did a great job. Fixed timing, replaced a broken spring, repaired a faulty door lock, fixed the brakes, repaired the washer, and did various other little bits for £200 for the service plus £500 for the repairs. The guy there called me regularly to keep me informed about how he was getting on, and the car was nicely washed when I picked it up again.

They are on the south side of the city, on the other side of the railway from Eglinton Street. Easy enough to get to and you can just get the subway from West St back into the city centre.

#3 ·
On Friday there (16/04/10) my 2004 9-5 Aero was due its MOT. When I booked it in I asked them to investigate a clunk from the front right wheel and possible gearbox leak in addition to the MOT. I didnt know exactly what to expect as I never used them before, was the first MOT I have put the car through.

Dropped it off at 0800, and first impressions were very good, seemed a clean garage with a nice reception, nice on the outside too, and the owner Ken took the keys. Before I went he confirmed the work they would be doing for me, which was reassuring, advised all going well the car would be ready about lunchtime but that they would phone me first.

Received a call about 0915 to advise drop links were the clunk, the gearbox was fine, but a couple of things needed for MOT, mainly rear bushes, the front right caliper was seized partially on and needed freeing up plus new pads, and the drop links. Gave me a price straight away (£520 - ouch) and advised car would be ready about 1600 due to the work needing done. On the phone call Ken went into good detail about the work to be done, was up front about the price and detailed what cost what, and also commented that it was a very nice car.

Received another call about 1400 to say car would be ready closer to 1500 than 1600, which was handy for me as I was on the bus back into Glasgow.

Arrived at 1445 and the car was sitting ready and just washed and cleaned, Ken showed me the worn pads, bushes, and drop links, told me they checked the gearbox oil level and it was not using any oil, was just 'sweating' which he said was expected, also had a wee chat about the car etc.

What impressed me most was the customer service, nice early phone call from them, another to say car would be ready early, the car being washed. Mostly, however, I found Ken to be very genuine, easy to chat to, knows his stuff, all of which was reassuring. Also liked seeing the worn parts, I didnt ask to see them but he wanted me to see them.

Ive got to say the car feel great now - was out on a wee drive through some towns yesterday with no motorway and achieved 37.4mpg driving 'reasonably' (usually averaged 26-27mpg) so the caliper being unseized will pay for itself soon! Clunk gone, all good and loving the Saab again. Will definately use again.

http://www.schonevillesaab.com/

1 Kilbirnie place, Tradeston Ind Est, Glasgow, G5 8QR

0141 429 5833

#6 ·
you cant just say something like that without backing up what your saying lol

i could easily say something about my local dealership but i would state that after moving the car into the workshop for some work, they parked it back outside and forgot to put the hand brake on !!!! luckily it didn't roll anywhere lol but the free aftershave found in the back after they cleaned it was worth it lol

just to make it clear im not talking about Schoneville Saab

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.