Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
swapped the scc over from one of my 9000s, from a 1991 cc to a 1993 cs, now everything works only it is very dim with no background light also putting your finger over the light sensor does not do anything. does one of the wires have to be taken from the old analog clock connector to give the lighting as one the of the blocks in the cs has one red wire on it but two red wires going into one spade on the cc, the clock single connector for the analog clock in the sc has two red going into the one spade as well should i swap this over to the other connector replacing the single wire, i have not tried this as i do not want to short anything out in the scc. Also the trip comp on the cs does not give the outside temp all the time as in the cc, does this only show when the temp gets down to a set temp? Hope the above description is not confusing.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mark e i, i have compaired the wiring on both the cars and the only diff is that one of the blocks in the cs has one red wire and the cc from which the scc has come from has two going into one the same as the clock i am taking this is the sensor/light combo for the analog clock on the cs so i am going to try it in the scc in place of the single wire, first pulling it from the block and checking to see if the lights on the old clock go out, (high tech approach) , will lit you know the results (booooom)

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Well I've been having a play this morning too and here's what I've found.

There are two 8 way connectors:

1 Red (+12V)
2 Black (Gnd)
3 Blue
4 NC
5 NC
6 Grey (+ black if you have ACC)
7 Black/White
8 Green (Speed sensor)

1 Blue
2 Green/Red (Reset)
3 Black (common for Info/Rest switches)
4 Yellow (ambient light o/p)
5 NC
6 Yellow (ambient light 12V i/p)
7 Brown/Red (Info)
8 Brown/White (Illumination from rheostat)

The second one will already be plugged into the analogue clock module and is transfered to the left hand plug as you look from the back of the SCC (the one with 5 spades).

I can't get mine to work at all. It powers up (no illumination) and the clock starts counting from 0:00. However I think I may have blown it by plugging in the connectors the wrong way round
when I first tried it and nothing happened.

The output on pin 4 for the illumination control from the analogue clock seems to vary between about 4 and 11V. The output from the SCC stays at abut 200mV regardless. The LDR itself does however work so the circuit is clearly kaput.

HTH

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I've done this a couple of times with both a 91 9000 and a 93 CS, with bothe the 2*8 plug version (5 and 3 pins used) and the 1*8 plug (all 8 used).

Also, there are 3* 8 plugs in the '91, one for the greeen speed wire and one without, but only 2 * 8 are used at any one time.

Have a search of the 9000 forun for my member no (1023) and scc.

Also a pic here http://www.saabscene.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimat...ic;f=2;t=002669

Andrew

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark e, check the bulbs in the scc as i have found both were blown thats why i could not see the digits, replaced them and it is now working bar the temp , no sensor under the bumber the cheepskates at saab have not put one in even though the handbook with the car say's there should be, pulling the unit out of the dash must have killed the bulbs, i did not think to check them as they were working when i took them out of the cc

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok now i am confused, is a dcc and scc the same thing, in the brochure for my cc it has a picture of the computer in my cc and calls this a dcc, in the brochure for my cs it has the same unit slightly diff display and calls it a scc are they the same or is one better than the other, and is the wiring diff between the two.
p.s just noticed the new graemlin

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The DCC (driver codriver computer) is the old up to about 1991 Car comp that had a clock like symbol on one of the buttona.

The SCC (saab car computer) is the newer (simpler) car comp which comes in 2 flavours (1 plug and 2 plug) but looks and functions the same.

The old DCC would do clever things like control the in car petrol heater.

Andrew

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Scaero is correct on the terminology . It was a DCC I cooked

A DCC can be made to work in a CS by changing some wires around, which I think is where we started on this, except that we called it an SCC when it is in actual fact a DCC.

There you go, all clear as mud now...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts