Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a NG 95 Ttid XWD I need to have the sat nav upgraded but I have been quoted 300 pounds by local Saab garage, is this the going rate or do I buy a tom tom .Don't want to go down this route but it seems a little expensive to me :crazy:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Do what I did. I've got an old 3rd gen iPod Touch which I was hardly using and I downloaded a free program called NavFree from ITunes onto it. Then I purchased a TomTom cradle for £20 for it. I now use this for my SatNav. To be fair I've never had SatNav in the car as I prefer road maps but I was away this year and got a tad lost as there were some crazy changes onto different motorways for a stretch and ended up taking me an extra 2 hours to reach my destination. So decided I could do with something for these odd occasions. I tested it the other week while I was away and it had a couple of small glitches but in the main worked like a charm :) . Only downside is i'm stuck with the version of NavFree I have installed as my version of IOS doesn't support the latest version. But i'm happy enough with it and it does the job.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/navfree-gps-uk-roi-+-street/id391334793?mt=8

I'm sure if you have a newer device you could get a cradle for it and be able to download the latest version. Or pay the £30 odd for the TomTom app which I felt wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Kevdo Thanks for that I have an android phone that has sat nav installed on it, but I really would like to use the sat nav in the car,to be honest it is working ok but 3 years out of date.Maybe keep the road map in the car just in case. I am not paying 300 quid for the upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts