Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something that is probably a regular thing for most of you out there.

But being a new driver, a new car owner and going for the first MOT felt somewhat like going for the driving test on Monday. I was a bit nervous thinking that the garage was probably going to rip me off for any fault that they found on my 97 9000 CSE Anniversary. And as we all know prices of parts for Saabs are on the higher side. But I was delighted to be told that it had passed MOT without a problem. I asked the guy if he thought something might need changing in the near future , he said the car was fine. So the MOT costed me £19.50 which is the cost of the MOT. I am delighted about it. In 5 months of owning it and 2500 miles, all I have spent on so far is fuel (It was serviced just before I bought it).

The wife and me are now looking forward to a drive to Leighton Buzzard and Hemel Hempstead to see friends over the weekend.

Saabing is being delightful!

Neel.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that to do with BillJ and MarkE? I noticed their locations. Never met any of them though. Actually I lived in Hemel Hempstead for about 3 years until I moved to Wales last year. So have loads of friends there.
sgould, I find that you are from Herts as well? Is that Hemel/Leighton Buzzard ish by any chance?

I am looking forward to the drive on the motorway where I can get some

Its my first 100 mile + trip one way. Infact it will be 200 mile +

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fee was something that foxed me too...

I checked the price at Kwik Fit and they said it was £35. This garage at Fishguard called the Seafront garage (where there is a mechanic recommended by a friend...he worked at a Saab dealership for a long time) charged only £19.50. So I decided to take the 15 mile drive to Fishguard to get it done.. for two reasons...
1> save £15
2> Get the MOT from the same guy whom I intend showing my car to for any sort of problem.

Somebody told me that garages try to bank on the fact that people will get repairs done to their cars if they fail the MOT at their place thereby getting them more work. To get more people in, they keep the MOT fee low. Is that right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts