Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a set of new AVO lowered springs fitted last year after I broke my f/n/s spring in a major pothole (more like the cheddar gorge!).

The set with fitting were cheaper than one OEM spring!

Problem is now I have the Flying Sofa out again the rears appeared to have settled more than the fronts making it look all butt heavy.

Any-one else had this problem and how can I rectify it?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I've no idea, but I ought to let you know I've read your post.

Haven't really got any ideads beyond trying different springs on the rear. It seems a bit dodgy to me that lower stiffer springs would settle, surely this leaves little suspension travel? This probably isn't the answer you wanted, sorry.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
How old are the front wishbone bushes? "Floatiness" is the usual symptom of worn bushes, which never seem to perform well beyond about 60K miles. They cost around £10 each and take about half an hour each to fit.
I'd do this first, then assess the dampers and springs again. Chances are they're fine.

New anti-roll bar bushes and checking the tightness of the steering rack mounting bolts can help make it feel tighter too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have done the wishbone bushes (which were horribly knackered) but still want a bit more precision in the handling. Tyres are at correct pressures (always a good thing to check first) but the ARB bushes have not yet been done.

lbc

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
longblackcoat, the Avo springs are really good, the turn in is better (although not as precise as I'd like it but hey its a power rack) and after fitting I had confidence enough to push the car through long fast coners.

One local corner used to be a 60 max now its easy 80 (it on a private road officer honest! )

My only minor gripe is the rear is lower, however I have seen a couple of Carlassons this week and they look lower at the rear as well. Maybe its an optical illusion?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.