Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wants one of these illusive items for their 9k? I need 4 more buyers to get decent discount so please PM me if you are interested.
(After months of trying to decide on a clutch, this seems to be the most reliable option for higher power applications)

Admin -I'm trying to gather some troops but am not selling anything/handling money so hope this wont be deemed an advert??

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've already got one, but was curious as to whether you're getting them from tripleeight and for what price?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Put me down for one please, roughly how much? So I can start saving...new master cylinder and now new slave cylinder and uprated fuel pump have put a dint in my savings!!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Ah, slight problem methinks... faero has a 96 car, whereas the rest of us have MY93 or ealier, which is certainly a different Saab part number, I dunno about Sachs...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have asked the question - thought it was going to smoothly!
Any idea what the physical difference is on the earlier cars? Come to think of it, I think the clutch is slightly smaller but fingers crossed its the friction plate thats different and not the pressure plate.
Will report back..

·
Registered
778 Posts
IIRC, the clutch plates are both the same (240 mm diameter), but the differences are the center splines. The '94-up used a larger (31/32") 14 tooth spline, whereas the '91-93's use a smaller 17 tooth spline.

·
Registered
778 Posts
As long as the mounting holes are the same for the pressure plates, I would think, because the clutch disks have the same diameter (240 mm), that the 3082 999 740 could be used on both versions - but don't quote me on that

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK - We'll have to wait 'till Monday for the concrete answer as the man in Sachs head office gets back then.

From the partnumbers
OE Full kits:
3082 217 232 (sachs 1994 on)
3082 217 231 (sachs 1990-1993)

Both use a 240mm friction plate but the earlier car used 17 spline and the later a 14 spline on the FP.
So far, the pressure plate appears identical for both as Robert Suggests but the Sachs man will double check on the drawings so lets play safe.

I'm also assuming you all have 2.3T, Carlsson or Aero. (not LPT,or 2.0)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the uprated Sachs kit fitted a few months ago & must say I'm impressed.

It ain't cheap though!

Pressure plate £320+VAT
Organic Clutch disc £120+VAT
Release bearing £27+VAT

Got all this from the very helpfull guys at Triple Eight's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts