Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have I been to hasty in my slagging off of SAABTEC ? Richard Elliot has replied to my email and offered to help if he can, and at the end of the day he is under no obligation to do so. I will keep my gob shut and see what help is offered

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what can I say, I had an email from Richard Elliot the owner of SAABTEC this morning offering to repair my gearbox free of charge as a goodwill gesture. So here I am after all the bad mouthing I've done about SAABTEC saying sorry, and when I take my gearbox to Glossop in the morning I will be doing the same to Richard

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I took my gearbox to Richard at SAABTEC and he didn't slap me for the crappy things I said

The gearbox looks terminal, a nice crack on the casing so it should be fun when its opened up, from the sounds it made I doubt it will take much to strip it down, I'll keep my fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Richard from Saabtec call to tell me my gearbox is a total loss, scrap, he has reconditioned me another 9000 gearbox I can collect in the morning, superb service

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.