Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The migration of bulletin board data from our old server (with expensive bandwidth) to a new server (with anticipated plenty of bandwidth) was completed on Sunday Night 25th/26th August. This server will be on trial for the next 21 days to see if the performance is up to the standard that we expect.

I would like to personally thanks the following contributors who pledged cash to pay for hosting costs for the next 12 months. Without their support, Saabscene would have closed.

Thanks go to:

Adrian
Anthony B
BillJ
captain aero
cdcarlsson
DaMoB
dave_H
Fawlty
Harvey
James
Jason (1992 9000CD 2.3T)
/john
JFP
jnevillea
Joel Whittle
Julian
keithp
Kevin Mc
Leon (murphwiz)
Mark E
MartinR
mcwill
mutungi
Neil(9000CS23T)
Neil M
pyronerd
RedLeicester(H)
rob123
saabchick & saabman
sevenman
sgould
ste.saab 9000t16
SteveN
Teesside Saab
The Scrappy formerly known as KSow1
Vince
welshwizard
ylee coyote
zeppelin

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Issues arising from the recent upgrade of the board

Please note the following issues. These have been reported and await a fix.

Private Messaging:
when trying to send a PM a page is returned that says "You are using a function that requires email to be sent. It appears that the board administrator has not yet configured the email settings. Please ask him to do so. Thank you!" HOWEVER, despite this the PM *is* sent!!

Lost password reminder:
when a user can not remember their password, and tries the lost password reminder function, an error is returned saying: "You are using a function that requires email to be sent. It appears that the board administrator has not yet configured the email settings. Please ask him to do so. Thank you! " IMPORTANT: The password email reminder *is not* received. Please contact me if you do not have your password. I will send this to you only to the address you registered with after I have verified your ID.

Send this page to a friend feature.
This function displays some strange behaviour by displaying two html pages - one after the other on the same screen after you have typed some stuff and pressed send. NB: The email to the "friend" *is not* received!

I am guessing there is a bug in the v6.3.1.1 upgrade

I will advise once again when these issues have been resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts