Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Saab are back advertising on UK TV. :) :) :)

While helping my dad set up a freeview box I stumbled across Yesterday (freeview channel 12) just as they showed the new advertisement for the 9-5.

You can see the ad at www.saab.co.uk too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seinfeld has many Saab stories...BBO takes place in Jerry's saab, Doing "the move" revolves around jerry and his Saab mechanic, and the best one is Jerry buying a new saab from "Putty"..he wants the black one, but because elain and putty broke up the only one left was an ugly yellow one...and he was going to charge him up the ass for "extra's"...the best part is watching Kramer driging it on "E"[/b]

Being a bit of a Seinfeld lover, and knowing about his run of convertibles, I amazed myself by buying my car and not remembering til afterwards that I had bought a similar model in the same black. His is a 900 i think? But I got an 02 9-3. Series ended late 90s or he might have moved on to a newer model. The Putty episode is particularly good ['You're the greasemonkey...'']

You are right that there are great saab moments in loads of episodes and I keep having a laugh when they turn up [I, er, watch it regularly...].

Not into naming cars at all but one or two friends call mine 'Jerry'.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Saw a rerun of "The Sweeney" on (I think) itv 4 yesterday. 2-stroke 96 following Regan's Ford Grandma through the gritty streets of 1970s Laahndon.

·
Retired Administrator
2,218 Posts
Anyone seen the VW golf advert?

If you look in the right hand side in the background there is a 93 or 95, think it was a 93.

261 - 275 of 275 Posts