Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

241 - 260 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
In the film "sideways" the two stars are cruising in a classic 900 convertible. Oh, and its red :eek: :eek: Sorry, don't know any more about it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not sure if I was mistaken but watching a recent episode of Spooks they flag down an Iranian diplomat in what looked like a stretch Saab

·
Registered
168 Posts
on the film hot fuzz there's also a parked a blue GM 900 or 9-3 (I don't remember now which one it was).
You can see it during the shooting episode as sgt. Angel runs pass the van.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In one of the Rebus books, his Saab's windscreen wipers pack in. It starts to rain and he puts his foot down on the motorway to clear the water off the windscreen. I don't think they showed this in any of the TV versions though. Probably too dangerous ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
ahh the wit and wisdom of saabers! Yes, I was cut off in my prime, but in mitigation, your honour, 'twas the ghost in the machine that did it...

I'll try again: Inspector Wexford re-runs, early 90's; I've watched two recently, both featured a saab vert. The first one was filmed on a spanish isle and had extensive shots of a red T16 vert - gorgeous; I fell asleep for the conclusion so they could have been 'baddies'. Then on sat night (as you can tell, I lead an exciting life) there was yet another one, this time a white 900i vert, just a quick cut to, as one of the minor characters rushed to the murder scene - he wasn't a 'baddie'. Someone on the production team at Wexford had/has good taste obviously.

The defense rests m'lord.

Ez

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi All!

Drat and double drat!!! I was going to say that sgould!!

By the way....Have you sold your wheels?

Mission Aero on hold!!!

Cheers Si.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

ITV1 series called The Fixer regularly featured a C900 (5 door I think)

In the ITV1 series called Wire In The Blood the main character drives a 3 door, green C900i

·
Registered
613 Posts
And a bomb in a 9-3 killed Adam in Spooks last week.

Add in the new shape 9-3 that Emilia Fox drives in Silent Witness too, keeping the tradition (Amanda Redman had a 900 I think before that).

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wallander - last night on the Beeb. Branagh wheelspinning a 9-5 across a cobbled street and knocking the baddie over, over the bonnet and across the screen.
I was appalled and alarmed at this scene of violence...!

- but I understand that the car was actually unharmed as the stuntman was padded to protect it........

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have you watched Wallander on a Sunday evening?

It's set in Sweden so I thought that it would be an obvious place for a sad anorak to look for Saabs - but I havent seen any... its the biggest mystery in the programme as far as I'm concerned.

Loads of Volvos. Could it be that Ford/Volvo have done some skilful product placement?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Have you watched Wallander on a Sunday evening?
It's set in Sweden so I thought that it would be an obvious place for a sad anorak to look for Saabs - but I havent seen any... its the biggest mystery in the programme as far as I'm concerned.
Loads of Volvos. Could it be that Ford/Volvo have done some skilful product placement?[/b]
In the original Swedish version he drives a Saab! They showed two episodes on BBC4.

·
Registered
62 Posts
In BBC drama "All the small things" (Tuesday evenings, BBC1), two of the lead characters can frequently be seen in a new model 9-3 convertible.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Not on TV (for a few years yet anyway), but I've just been to see "Terminator Salvation". Fairly early on the main characters meet a group of people and they get disturbed by some of Skynet's machines. A few of them drive off in a classic 900 (2- or 4-door - happened to quickly to see) which unfortunately 'gets it' a few seconds later. Not much left of it after that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, the latest Terminator travesty with Christian Bale - an early 900 - 4 or 5 door, I thought? Gets zapped by a giant robot and flies about 80 feet up in the air on fire. The way it was slammed in reverse- it seemed to have a good 'box, too! Still, it'll be fine with a bit of t-cut and some WD40.

I presume someone's already mentioned Maximus Decimus Meridius proving he was 'an individual' (just like us all!.....) by having a C900 in the remake of State of Play...

Wallander? In the Swedish version - great series. (The whole series is on BBC4 for us Brits) yeah, he drives a 95 and I'm sure uniform rozzers also have 'em..

There really is something about SAABs (C900s especially), appearing on film. Thesps really do seem to have a thing about 'em. I guess they got personality and as we all know - personality goes a long way...

I think early on someone mentioned the Paradise Club - if I remember aright Paradise Club Saabs are named in homage...

ah, to idle...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
In one of the Rebus books, his Saab's windscreen wipers pack in. It starts to rain and he puts his foot down on the motorway to clear the water off the windscreen. I don't think they showed this in any of the TV versions though. Probably too dangerous ;)[/b]

Had to trawl back to see if this had been mentioned. I'm watching the DVD box set of Rebus, the early ones with John Hannah. He drives what I think is a 90, judging by the shape, I'm trying to see the bootlid badge.
Then tonight on one of the ITV channels, a recent Rebus (2007) with Ken Stott, he's driving a GM900, "S" on the wing above the indicator repeater, so that's a non-turbo 2 litre., I think.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Postscript to the above - John Hannah drives a "classic" 2 door 900. Easier to see the badge on a 32 inch screen than on a 15 inch laptop.

241 - 260 of 275 Posts