Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

221 - 240 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
In Kill Bill Vol 1, when Uma Therman is escaping from the hospital the first car she passes in the underground car park is a 9-5.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Outside the house of Tessa Jowell (one of Phoney Tony's cronies) - her husband has ALLEDGEDLY taken a bribe from Sr Berlusconi (another pal of Toni)- so it's major news on the BBC, there is a black 9-3 hatch, just behind the reporter...

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I inadvertently caught the beginning of 'Stenders the other day !). Was that a 9-5 hearse Johnny got carted off in?

I originally thought it was Corrie, but Mrs TB says I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Waking the Dead just now

Mad psychotherapist has a 9-5 Aero Dame Edna in his nice posh driveway....

Last night there was a programme on Dutch tv about the key you blow into and find out if you are safe to drive.... car featured was a laser red 9-5 estate....guy interviewed in Bilsmuseum with 92001 parked behind

BBC detail clanger on WTD - Boyd is supposed to be in Dublin, the garda car following his car is a 'Vauxhall' Omega...:huh:

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Waking the Dead just now

Mad psychotherapist has a 9-5 Aero Dame Edna in his nice posh driveway....[/b]
Very good spot. The untrained eye would have missed that one.

BBC detail clanger on WTD - Boyd is supposed to be in Dublin, the garda car following his car is a 'Vauxhall' Omega...:huh:[/b]
Wow, you are an uber-anorak. I missed that it was not an Opel.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Waking the Dead just now

Mad psychotherapist has a 9-5 Aero Dame Edna in his nice posh driveway....[/b]
OK, more on this. The registration on the vehicle was BJ53VFN ....which means that the BBC must have got their mitts on the facelift 9-5 some 2-3 years before it was launched! ....or it was a fake numberplate which had completely the wrong year identifier on the vehicle.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reporter on GMTV yesterday was showing items recommended to be carried in your car during bad weather. He had them next to his car, a 9-3 Sports Wagon. He must have been expecting very bad weather :smile:

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
OK, more on this. The registration on the vehicle was BJ53VFN ....which means that the BBC must have got their mitts on the facelift 9-5 some 2-3 years before it was launched! ....or it was a fake numberplate which had completely the wrong year identifier on the vehicle.[/b]
Er, not quite,

The Data base the RAC use tell us that it is a
Manufacturer VAUXHALL
Model ASTRAVAN ENVOY CDTI
Body type CAR DERIVED VAN
Colour SILVER
Fuel type HEAVY OIL
Date manufactured 02 December 2003
Number of previous owners 1

And this is confirmed by the vehicle licencing agency..
The vehicle details for BJ53 VFN are:

Date of Liability 01 10 2007
Date of First Registration 02 12 2003
Year of Manufacture 2003
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1686CC
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour SILVER
Vehicle Type Approval N1

Probably one of those 'buck' cars GM use to try components without giving the press a scoop. Now we know why Diesel Astra vans are the fastest thing on four wheels!

I hope the production company are the ones that own it!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
I knew that someone would know where to look up this information. Thanks, Trollbooster

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I knew that someone would know where to look up this information. Thanks, Trollbooster
[/b]
It's not difficult, but not as straight forward as you might expect.

The DVLA will only tell you details if you know what make it is as well as the registration number.

The RAC will tell you the make from the registration number here

Armed with the make and the registration number, you can then go to the Vehicle licensing web site and get the further information

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Programme on climate change on BBC2 tonight (yes in NL we do get BBC1 and BBC2), Richard Branston Pickle posing next to the 9-5 BioPower Estate press demo car....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Was watching a programme on the History of Saabs on Discovery Real Time Extra tonight at 11pm.

It only went up to the 9000, but it was great. Ed Abbott was interviewed along with a few other well known afficionados.

I'm sure it'll be repeated a thousand time on DRT Xtra throughout the week if anyone wants to catch a glimpse of some real beauties.

I look out of my window every morning for that pleasure and I'm sure a few of you also do too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Episode one of ITV's new sci-fi series 'Primevil' opened with a woman being chased through a supermarket car park by a dinosaur. When she hides between two cars another car is dropped on her by the dinosaur - cue upside down SAAB 900i dropping into shot!

The new comedy film 'Hot Fuzz' features a character (played by David Threlfall) driving a bright yellow C900 convertible which later on is found smashed up with the driver decapitated.

And the new series of 'Life On Mars' not only features the 96 in the credits as before but the same car appears in the background of both episode 1 and 2.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Jo Brand on 'driving me crazy'. A program where she is trying to get old drivers off the roads[/b]
you forgot to tell us that she was driving a dark blue, old 9-5 Saloon with cream leather interior but no cruise control

·
Registered
221 Posts
Emmerdale, Matt King drives a 9-5 Aero! I hasten to say i don't get home from work until 7-30 to 8 so not guilty m'lord its the management that saw it and remarked what a front looked like!

Johnboy

·
Registered
414 Posts
BBC's Hustle series 3. Episode 4 has a black 9000 limo. Unfortunately they crash it into a parked van but aside from the bonnet buckle the Saab looks undamaged.

221 - 240 of 275 Posts