Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Saab on TV with some actor chap who also drove a GM900 in the series.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Originally posted by Mark(9KAbbott_Stg3     ):
[qb] Oh.. no.. not this thread AGAIN!!!! (for like the 6th time...) [/qb][/b]
Don't worry, you can put it to bed after a real Saab, ie. mine, has been on the telly in a couple of months...

Is that my coat..?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
What about the Direct Line(?) advert. Chap in a VW Beetle picks up wife/girlfriend from station. She comments on how clean the car is... etc.

In the background is a 99 turbo(?)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Presumably everyone saw the CS(E) in State of Play a couple of days ago? About twenty minutes into the episode when the cops were being delayed by Bill Nighy. Camera followed the car through the window so presumably this is important (I'm not very good at following these things). Better still, almost, a couple of moments before that there was the front end of a white 9k classic just like my old one (except that it had those hubcaps you only see on cars bought s/h).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Saw a silver 9-5 saloon in The Bill recently, was parked by the side of the road with the bonnet up and the criminal staring at the engine bay.

Chris

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Saw a silver 9-5 saloon in The Bill recently, was parked by the side of the road with the bonnet up and the criminal staring at the engine bay.
 [/b]
Probably was wondering what a PCV was.. and why he needed to change it

·
Registered
613 Posts
Watching the film 'Bandits' on Sky the other night - Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton in a very bright red 9-5 Aero estate: they rob a bank and ditch the 9-5 for a PT Cruiser (some people just have no taste)..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by Aeroguy:
[qb] QUOTE
Have a close look at the new Nokia ad...Is it..?  [/b]
I thought so too [/qb][/b][/quote]Well, I went to the cinema last night and saw the Nokia advert on the big screen and I am pretty sure that the car that is in it is a Saab 92.

BTW - I went to see The Matrix Reloaded and have to admit to looking out for Saabs during the entire 20min car chase

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Another C900 piled in an accident in Casualty on Saturday night - storyline - driving like a maniac,pulls out to overtake an ambulance, swerves and then piles into a parked car ia petrol station. - seems TV producers have something against this classic model at present.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
seems TV producers have something against this classic model at present[/b]
Or maybe that there are so few cars of that age (ie cheap) that are still driveable? A credit to Saab build quality!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm guessing that they choose Saabs as they are so cheap but still exude quality. It will help develop the character of the driver as the viewer will have a preconception of a 'typical' Saab driver. Equally, the car will not automatically be viewed as accident fodder helping to keep the viewer engaged in the storyline.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts