Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it typical... we get home yesterday and after we park up Kat notices water dripping from the drivers side wing.... tepid blue smelly water... and guess what... the washer level light is now flickering on and off. I know the three way valves are prone to fail so how easy it is to get to it? (I am hoping its just a pipe fallen off.).

Steve

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ha, the valve in my washer hose went last week. Day after I changed the top hose too, so I was delighted to see a pool of water forming under the car.....not.

The valve is easily accessible, down by the washer reservoir.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Must be the time of year for it - the M Reg'd CSE I have just bought has done exactly the same, but looks like removal of drivers' side wheel and inner wing cover to get to bottle and hoses to see where its leaking from.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
He he, bought two CSEs within a month of each other and both washer bottle valves failed within a week of each other

Easy to fix. (I'm assuming Steve that yours is a CSE - ooops sorry Saabkats). Jack up remove drivers side wheel (place on axle stands, take precautions to prevent car coming down on you etc dont just risk the car jack it aint worth you life), undo nuts that hold wheel arch trim on that also holds wheel arch liner. Undo all bolts holding wheel arch liners only problem likely to be lower front to front spoiler one (jacknuts corrode, expensive from Saab cheaper from RS (M8)), then you will see washer bottle and little three way valve. Most likely this valve that has gone. Being tight fisted I pop the bottom of the valve, cut a little plastic disc and replace (saves me the price of a pint )

·
Registered
126 Posts
I guess it is not as big pain as you desctibed, cause I got the same thing* sorted removing just headlight and plastic cover from under the car, not the wing....
* The pipe was fallen of from T-connector near the bottle. But the pipe coming from bottle was in place.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks so much Nufis that sounds soooo much easier. I will make sure Steve sees that and maybe he can work on it this weekend inbetween moving house, and visiting the wedding venue and the registrar and the jeweler and so on and on and on..... Gonna work his lil behind off this weekend so hopefully we can get to it as easily as you did.

SaabKat

·
Registered
177 Posts
Had the inner wing off my CSE today (first dry day - weather wise). Wish mine had just been the 3 way valve. Appears to be split in washer bottle, just where a metal pipe goes to the bottle on the inside edge. Leaking badly. Anyway, thanks to TwoStrokes and my friendly contact, a 2nd hand one is one its way to get my car housetrained.

·
Registered
865 Posts
ive just done this and it is a ba..... of a job,arms still show marks.i left wheel arch liner on and took only undertray off/or tried to,bolts seized.but managed to gain access holding liner with knee while nearly breaking neck trying to see bloody pipe connections.why do saab only fit enough pipe to valve/no extra,when you take valve off trying to put hoses back on is a bloody nightmare,they only just reach valve.by the way replace valve cause it has ball valve in it and it holds water up at w/screen washers,so when you use w/wipe you have instant water/if you try to repair,you stop leak but but water is not held at w/washer so wipers go for 10 secs.or so before water appears...... messy window;;

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks in advance for letting me know what sort of job it will be. The inner liner came off without any problems when I went to look for the problem. Am hoping the new bottle arrives today,so will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A quick check by removing the indicator light and inserting my hand showed NO t junction... rather a straight connector with a slight bump on it thats damp.... so I guess the t-piece has snapped.....

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.