Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was at the Saabscene/Performance-Saab trackday earlier this year, Adrian took some video footage for me.

Now that I have worked out how to capture this video and make a movie I have put together a little five minute film which demonstrates the sort of fun you're missing if you don't go!

Here's the film as streaming Windows Media ~18Mb - if you are on a slow connection you might find it easier to right-click then save-as and save to your desktop before viewing.

MPEG and RealVideo to follow.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Hmmm,

Dial uo gets to 8.5Mb
ISDN 64K gets to 11.8Mb
Netants isn't allowed to gat anywhere near it, so I can't do restarts and am having to re download from scratch each time.

Andrew

·
Registered
778 Posts
Good job, John
Wish I could get my car across the pond and join you guys next year. The logistics and the fact that it's LHD make it highly improbable. I think MarkE would appreciate my '94 - by the way Mark, I was surprised to see the 9-5 go by you in that video. What was holding you back?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Adrian took some video footage for me.[/b]
Yeah, and nearly lost my lunch getting it
I'm sure /John would have been soooo much quicker without my extra ballast in their.
Just glad the video came out so well - maybe I can change careers - maybe not....

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Forgot to say - it was a fantastic day and I only went along to watch. /John kindly gave my a Sunday afternoon ride round the track
All being well I'll be at the next one.
As a complete novice I was too timid to take part last year but I shouldnt have worried - everyone was very helpful and supportive of each other. If you have never done anything like this before come along you will be made very welcome.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by robert lavergne:
[qb]   I think MarkE would appreciate my '94 - by the way Mark, I was surprised to see the 9-5 go by you in that video.  What was holding you back?      [/qb][/b]
I'm sure I would Robert... but there was no 9-5 in that footage passing my car

I was passed a couple of times during the day... on my cool down laps and also when I managed to boil my brake fluid and had to take things very easy (ISTR getting round the hairpin required me to use the handbrake to slow down )

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by robert lavergne:
[qb]by the way Mark, I was surprised to see the 9-5 go by you in that video.  What was holding you back?      [/qb][/b]
The black 9-5 that passed a silver 9000 driven by Ylee ...who was on warm-down lap. Note how much slower his car is going compared to other parts of the film.

The footage of MarkE (white 9000 CSE) and Scaero (Black 9000 Aero) passing me was because I deliberately slowed down so that Adrian could get some good footage of them overtaking

Admittedly, the 9000s were quicker than me, but I have a little plan, so we shall see whether that margin is narrowed somewhat next time

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Stick to the go-karts john    [/b]
Power to weight ratio not so good with John in a go-kart

Having said that last year a go-kart race was held the evening before the Track-day and I think /John did quite well - not that he was really trying

Boy this night-shift is dragging

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd forgotten about my triumph in the karting the evening before the trackday.

I had the fastest times in both my heats and ended up in a head to head final with Fawlty's assistant chef (who won his heats).

Quite a battle with first place changing constantly - enormous fun - and luckily I was in first place when the chequered flag was waved.

Stage three go-kart? Hmmm, now there's an idea

1 - 20 of 23 Posts