Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Saab software update to 2015 for £10

19K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  cjapeterborough 
#1 ·
Hello,

I took up the £10 software update from the Saab Service club today, see it at http://www.saabparts.com/en-gb/uk/offers/

As a new owner, it worked out well because it introduced me to my local friendly dealer Perry & Prouse Saab of Taunton http://www.perryandprouse.co.uk/

Whilst there I learnt a bit about the car, bought some accessories, and now plan to visit again and buy more treats.

The car in my head is a bit smoother, but I'm sure it's all just in my head. Would recommend everyone take up the offer though :)

Cheers

#2 ·
Russ, have you been given any indication about what the software update might have been? just curious.....

I clicked on the first link you put up. Interesting to see the price of the Kenwood HU install to replace the Delphi/Grundig unit. It's a good price, just a shame that the Kenwood unit offered has now been discontinued and replaced by the one I've just had fitted for £30 more. Still, a damn good upgrade though and I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with my new HU, DAB is outstanding through my BOSE speakers.

#3 ·
Not wishing to kill the enthuisiam completely but there havent been any software updates released for at least 5 years now for obvious reasons.
The offer has run been been running continuously and is simply to encourage folk to visit......nothing wrong with that off course but is only likely to be of any value for an older car that has never seen a Tech2.

If you want to check your own car for potential software updates you can visit the site below.

1. Go to Global TIS (https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web)
2. Then you enter your VIN and click get CAL ID
3. Select the system you want info on, example select TCM (then hit the next button)
4. Select programming from dropdown and hit next
5. Select your engine eg Z19DTH and hit next
6. You will now see a summary of your car - upper left you will see a history button. Click this
7. You are now seeing a list of the software revisions for the car.You can see initial program part number...and all the revisions (and what they fix or improve).

On my car an MY07 it tells me the last update was 21/2/08 (which I did about a year ago with my Tech2)

#11 ·
I know its hard to accept but Saab as a Company with manufacturing and a distribution network no longer exists.

The site www.saabparts.com was formed to promote the spare parts business after being sold to www.orio.com.

Any former Saab business or independant who wants to affiliate themselves with Orio and benefit from the free marketing and advertising is no doubt happy to do so.

All software as I understand it is now with ACDelco.

https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome

GM have nothing to do with Saab vehicles anymore -it begs the question as to what would happen if there was a safety recall on our vehicles in Europe...in the USA GM have had to stay involved.

#12 ·
.....GM have nothing to do with Saab vehicles anymore -it begs the question as to what would happen if there was a safety recall on our vehicles in Europe...in the USA GM have had to stay involved.
One would hope and expect, that in a worse case scenario such as that, GM would be obliged to appoint another GM European subsidiary within the existing network, such as Vauxhall/Opel, to carry out any immediate safety related work. There must be a back up there somewhere I would like to think.

I'm in a slightly different position, Saab built my car, but it has a Cadillac badge and I can still take the car albeit to the only remaining Cadillac dealership left in the country, and quite rightly expect them to carry out any safety related recall work, such as airbags for instance.

#13 ·
I had mine updated, seems it didn't like the remap the previous owner had had done, car started randomly stalling (probably as the saab software tried to call a routine that the remap had deleted (obviously dealership did an update rather than a full reprogram)
bit hairy at 70mph in busy traffic...
One new ECM later all has been good for a while..

#17 ·
Look at post 5 in this thread...that will tell you what updates are available for your car.

Next time they do it ask what indeed was specifically updated.
To reflash the ECU and some of the other modules actually can take up to an hour on some of the cars especially the earlier cars I doubt anywhere would want to tie up resources for that sort of time for £10 that is if "updates" exist

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.