Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't know about the body of the seat but the head-rest in the CD is secured to the rear parcel-shelf so there is a real difference there. I think that anyone would agree that the safety of seats requires them to fit specifically into a car. The hatch is a different seat to the CD, I wouldn't mess with safety.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Originally posted by The Scrappy formerly known as KSow1:
[qb]Will the seats out of a hatchback in anyway fit into a CDE, without modification. Bare in mind the rear seats fold on a H/B but not on a CD saloon. [/qb][/b]
Think the seat cushion will bolt straght in as I think it uses the same mountings. The seat back is the same I think but it has different brackets at the top and bottom. Possibly you can simply swap them.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Everything except the back seat backrest is the same. The backrest will fit at the bottom but then you have to fix the top of the backrest to the parcel shelf. Can be do with those rubber onnet straps but as for insurance/saftey well I'd suggest its not a good idea.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Scrappy

The problem I think is that the full with bach rest on the CD clips over mountings attached to the chassis. If you put CS seats in using the CD mountings (which should bolt on) then they are not as strong as the CS mountings which are designed to hold the seat backs (split back) at only the outside top corner. Using the CD mountings really requires a single piece seat back to ensure rigidity along the whole width.

If it was possible to join the two halves of the CS seats at the top centre (and probably the bottom centre)to give the same strength full width as the CD back rest then you could swap the fittings. Otherwise it would be a tad unsafe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.