Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of people out there have various sports springs and dampers fitted and can notice a difference to the standard (used) Aero set-up. Has anyone tried fitting replacement (new) aero standard parts? If so did it make much difference?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Standard Aero dampers/ struts are no longer available from Saab, or Sachs, which is why I chose the sports damper route when I replaced the worn ones on my Aero. The dampers/ struts that Saab do supply are the standard turbo units which do not work too well with the stiffer Aero springs. I suffered this combination for the best part of nine months, while my Saab dealer tried to source the correct ones, until I asked for my money back and bought a set of Bilsteins.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm, two-stroke are offering genuine Saab roadholding kits 'as fitted to the Aero' I was assuming these are new old stock if you see what I mean and would have the genuine Aero front damper with the thicker rod?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I noticed Abbott Saab were selling Aero springs at £65/ set (currently out of stock - but check back soon)..:

http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htm

Does anyone know if the standard 'Anniversary' has the Aero uprated sprin kit? It has the same body kit and 19mm ARB's as standard, so was just wondering how far similarities went.

They also sell a clamp on anti-roll bar addition, which sits parrallel with existing unit and adds 40% extra stiffness for around £120. Sounds like a neat trick!

Anyone tried this out??

·
Registered
83 Posts
I made my own clamp on rear anti roll bar for £35. Bought 2nd hand roll bar and made some clamps up. Its identical to Abbotts one that thay are selling, the car does corner more flatter through the bends. Next stage Bilstiens and springs

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
There's no doubt that springs and dampers deteriorate over time, so replacing aged stock components will make a difference to handling.

The piggy back bar is dead easy to fit and makes the car's handling very neutral. If you try a search in the Performance forum you'll find lots of discussion on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.