Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004-01-16

All-time high in Saab Automobile's manufacturing

Last year Saab Automobile produced more cars than ever before. The Trollhättan plant made 114,120 cars; 70,926 9-3 Sport Sedan and 43,194 Saab 9-5.

"We met an increasing demand from many markets as they reached higher sales volumes," says Lars Danielson, Vice President Manufacturing at Saab Automobile. "A new production record like this is a positive development and brings a feeling of self confidence to the whole company."

Saab Automobile also began producing new 9-3 Convertibles at the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria, where almost 10,000 were manufactured last year. More than 6,000 old model convertibles were also produced in Nystad, Finland. The total manufacturing output last year for all locations came to 130,034 cars.

"We are counting on higher sales volumes 2004, so we can foresee a new record being set this year too," adds Lars Danielson with an air of confidence.

Source: Saab Automobile AB

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
/john - you've probably got a book somewhere that covers this (The First Million or The Saab Way maybe??) but IIRC their previous annual production record was about 120K either in 72 or 86??

Still, 71K 9-3ss isn't bad going for the first full year of production & with the Aero & convertibles being late into production.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by fliptop:
[qb]/john - you've probably got a book somewhere that covers this (The First Million or The Saab Way maybe??) but IIRC their previous annual production record was about 120K either in 72 or 86??[/qb][/b]
fliptop - I'll check. I have both of the books - The Saab Way will be more comprehensive.

[edit] A quick check here, says: 1987 The two-millionth Saab is manufactured. Saab's best year to date, with sales exceeding 134,000 cars. ...but I will need to refer back to original sources to verify its validity.

But that is sales rather than cars produced. I'll check...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.