Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't really the right forum for this, and I should know better being a moderator, but.....

Sorry about the late notice, but there will be a Saab meet near Leicester this Sunday lunchtime.

Location is most probably the Bradgate Arms near Bradgate Park just to the North West of Leicester (not far off the new A46 road).

Post here if you're interested - we're going to have a pub lunch, and just chat about Saabs - whatever. There are 4 of us so far, so if anyone else wants to come along, you're welcome. Nothing formal - scoff, talk Saabs, quaff ale (if you're not driving!)

I'll be taking the Carlsson - there may also be a CS Carlsson there, and maybe a 96 or a 99. Come and see. The more Saabs the merrier!

Sorry /john! ;-)

Kevin Mc
1991 9000 Carlsson 2.3T

·
Registered
776 Posts
Kevin/.
Surely this should be the right Forum? Over a few days, most of us will check it out for some reason or other,and discovered what meets are going on if someone mentions them ( not actually advertising after all). Would like to make it to my first get-together, but work does not allow. Good luck to anyone who goes.
Andy.

PS: Drafted a letter out to post this week ( to hopefully go in next SEC Mag),but the current issue then arrived in post before I sent letter off. You took a lot of words out of my mouth with your letter however, so back to drawing board ( nice pic by the way !).

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy - I worded the letter in such a way to provoke a response.

The editor has his work cut out trying to fill the mag - I'm trying to get the older car owners out of the closet, and trying to encourage any newer Saab owners to write in at the same time.

I look forward to reading your article.

I'll probably use the Meet on Sunday as an excuse for another article!

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
776 Posts
Bambo.
web site www.saabenthusiats.co.uk (SEC !!)
You can download an application form and print it out from the site( £14.00 a year I think ?).Just fill in form and bung in post.
You get a magazine every 2 months and obligatory car windshield sticker. Club needs member prepared to give a little imput (thank goodness for Kevin Mc..)
Hope of assistance
Andy
94 CSE 2.3T

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy - I'll write in to the SEC as long as they'll print it ;-)

I'm not drying up yet - though they must be bored of hearing about my Carlsson by now!

It is a nice little club, that could do with a dose of new blood and enthusiasm.

Does your article include some pics?

PS. Got the pub name wrong - think it is the "Bradgate Inn", or maybe just the "Bradgate". They sell beer anyway ;-)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Kevin/.

I could include some pics, but everyone has seen 9000's before ? Nice shade of Aubergine though ! Got lots of Camera Gear, prehaps some cool wide angle shots and stuff !! ( dont mean to be flippant, used to be my trade, thats all )anyway, you've got me thinking now.
Andy.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, yes, yes, yes. Did I say yes?

Get those photo's taken! I used to be able to get some decent pics with my old 35mm Olympus and it's Wide Angle lens, though I've mispaced it after a house move, so all my recent pics have been with a basic digital. No arty stuff.

We've not seen YOUR 9000 before - go on, you'll make me jealous - a good shot may make it onto the front cover. I've had 2 pics on the back cover before now, but have never made the front cover!

(substitute the capitals on "YOUR" to italics for the intended effect!)

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ok Kevin, you've persuaded me. Will get letter and some pics in post asap.

To close my bit on this thread, anyone who goes on the Leicester weekend, let me know how it goes, and have a pint or two of Abbott Ale on me (if they do it in that neck of the woods).

Andy

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are the directions if anyone's interested in coming along:

Directions to "The Bradgate" for a Saab Midland meet:

Leave M1 at J22, turning left towards Leicester on the A50.

At first roundabout (approx 1 mile) turn first left (signs to Newtown Linford/Bradgate Country Park).

After about 1.5 miles you'll come to a "T" junction - turn right (towards Anstey).

Pub is a couple of hundred yards on the left - "The Bradgate" - parking is at the rear.

Hope to see some of you there and your Saabs!

Kevin Mc
1991 9000 Carlsson 2.3T

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What Adrian really means is "I send, at most, one article to each new editor - and then promise another on a regular basis". I am sure he is employed by the chairman to keep promising an article in this way in order to act as the proverbial carrot to the editor - must admit, it kept me in the job for 2 years!

Kevin - you get my vote for next editor. At least you will at the AGM in April ;-)

Julian
SEC Editor
(only one more isuue to go - yippee!)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm aiming to be there - always providing I can persuade Mrs Gassy to let me come and play (or to come with me).

BTW, I'm hoping to run a national photo competition for the SOC, still waiting for the various committees to make their minds up.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Julian - still not sure on the editorship -even though I seem to fill a lot of the pages! ;-) Will be going to the AGM - probably get lynched after my blasphemous letter in the last mag!

Gassy - hope you can make it - I've got a table booked for a little Sunday Scoff. I've told them there will be at least 4, possibly more, and they're okay with that.

Just hope the weather is ok. A ridge tile blew off our roof this afternoon. Only roof affected on our estate as far as I can see!

Just glad the kids weren't playing out the back!

Washed the Carlsson in the wind and got soaked! Nice and clean now, but will it remain that way for the drive to the pub on Sunday.

Just to update you, the definates are: me, Peter Briggs (EMS & SOC & SEC), Glen (Trent Saab Master Technician), and his wife Doris.

Hopefully see you Sunday.

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Make that another really, really probable - darn it, lets say almost a certain for me (but not Mrs Gassy).

If you see a black '91 SE wandering about Leicestershire on Sunday lunchtime, point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gassy - that's a long way if you're coming from Royston!

Drove there from Leicester last year with work - I'm sure you have some very straight and long roads just to the north.

If you do come up at get lost, my mobile is 0786 798 7400.

If you're coming up the M1, it'd be J22 again, turning right towards Leicester, then the rest of the directions are the same.

There may be as many as 8 of us, though I'm happy enough with 5 and a few Saabs!!

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Forgot to say - table is booked for 1200hrs - I'm telling people to get there at 1130 onwards.

I'll be in my 9000 Carlsson (White - J reg).

PS. This may be message number 5000. Was waiting to see who'd get it, but realised I'd put no time......

Kevin Mc

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.