Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a haynes manual for my 92 9000, but they are made for the european version. Right now though i can get one, and i was wondering how much on the US cars are different from the European cars, besides the dash and steering wheel location. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I would think they would be pretty much the same bar one or two differences like headlights/tail lights and indicators. Regarding steering wheel location, remember all (?) of Europe drives on the wrong side of the road just like the USA
Only a few sensible countries in the world (like us Brits) drive on the correct side of the road

·
Registered
218 Posts
The only other things that may cause you a problem is wiring. However Haynes in their wisdom only provide "general" wiring diagrams of major circuits in the back of the manual. Lets face it, the manual for the wiring circuits in most Saabs would be the same size as a full workshop manual.
I own the Haynes manual and like most manuals nowadays, chapters are increasingly filled with "this problem can only be solved by a main dealer". I would definitely buy one if you are thinking of doing your own brakes, bearings, servicing etc and try the bulletin boards for answers to the more complex problems.

·
Registered
413 Posts
and another thing. There are manuals published by Robert Bentley INC. They are an American publisher I believe and certainly do manuals for the 900; not sure about the 9000 though. Chaters Motoring Bookshop in England only list the 900 ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.