Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a saab conversion for about a grand, which most conversions on others such as beemers and mercs, cost other than the silly £1500+ I have been quoted.
I have already tried the chap in manchester before anyone refers him and hes quoted £1500+VAT which is half the price of my 9000.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hi Tahir,

Basic conversions on conventionally aspirated cars can be had for approx £1000. Anything less than that and I'd be really worried about the proficiency of the work and the safety. If you are running a turbo you'll need a 3rd or 4th generation conversion and I'm afraid that £1500+ VAT is about the going rate (indeed, maybe a little on the low side). My car took two days to fit, and another three days before the system was properly set up - so you can see where a lot of the money goes.

The upside is that after 40,000 miles it has paid for itself, and I'm now saving £5 every 100 miles. Performance (bhp) is up by 10% over petrol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.