Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend, I accompanied a friend of mine who was looking round the car yards for a new car.
After looking through a few places we came across a place selling used European cars, on inspection I found the usual line up of beemers, mercs, audis, and a nice flock of saabs. I had a test-drive of two of them; a 1998 CSE Anniv 2.3t and a 1998 9-5 2.3T.
The 9-5 was a very nice drive, very different. It feels much more like a modern car than my old 9k, but still feeling quite solid.
The 9k I took much more notice of. It looked in very good condition with silver bodywork and black leather anniversary seats and full walnut kit. When I drove it down the road I was not best pleased. It didn’t feel as solid as my ’90 CD T16. The steering was vary vague and seemed to wallow down the road. My friend commented that it just doesn’t seem as well put together as my old car. The plastics used definitely look cheaper. The acceleration was pretty poor as well; it didn’t seem to have any oomph at all. This was the first Lpt that I have driven, are they all like that?
It certainly didn’t feel like I was driving $20,000 car.
I walked away from that yard feeling a whole lot better about my car, and also with a bit more resolve to fix the bum warmers. Plus all those other little jobs I’ve been putting off, fitting those wishbone bushes and new shocks etc…the list goes on.

Billy (one v.happy saab owner.)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I drove a number of 9k 2.0 LPT's before settling on mine, what surprised me was the
did vary quite a bit from car to car. From reading the board this is most likely the ECU adapting itself to different driver's styles (which I think can be sorted out easily with an adaptation run). So in short, no, my LPT's got plenty of
(mind you, the Abbott ECU upgrade did help ).

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
.... and my 2.3t feels pretty quick, I do wonder at times whether it has been chipped but I assume it must be just because most of the key bits are fairly new. It definitely feels faster than when I bought it, I suspect it has adapted to my driving

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.