Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Saab Automobile has recently displayed their new Aero-X inspired premium concept car initially as a teaser photo on their main global website, http://www.saab.com. This concept car is being flanked by the Saab 9-X concept car (left) that debuted on September, 11th, 2001 in Frankfurt as well as the Aero-X concept car (right) that debuted in Geneva in March of 2006 in the image you see above. This new premium concept car will be debuting at the Geneva Motor Show on March 3rd, at 5:30pm.

It is interesting that this new premium concept as previously mentioned, is planned to commence production at the Saab Factory in Trollhättan, Sweden by 2010.

It was indicated to me by a Saab representative at the recent Washington, D.C. auto show that this new premium concept car will be using the same platform as the Saturn Astra.

I am very hopeful that this much rumored premium concept car will be the “spiritual successor” to the hatchback that was suspended back in 2002. I also am optimistic that this new model will include Saab’s new Haldex XWD system and of course include multiple fuel options such as BioPower/Hybrid and Diesel. I think that all of these components will need to be in order at the absolute minimum, in order to secure this model as a hot best seller once production commences, to be competitive in the marketplace today.

I look forward to this premiere and trust that Saab History’s first new correspondent from Europe, will be doing their best to maximize the coverage of this new Saab Automobile concept debut in Geneva.

</img>

</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.