Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a set of 9000 anniversary alloys to fit my 9000cse 97. Also does anyone know if there is any accessory available which can replace those plastic bits attached on the front and rear sides of the bumpers to give them a plain finish colour coded to the rest of the bumper. I have been told by one person there is a way and by another that you have to purchase an aero set of bumpers and replace them with these.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene, Tahir.

Don't know about the alloys, but you might want to advertise in the classifieds.
It's free, although you will need to register with that too as it's not part of the bulletin board.

As far as the body kit goes, what you're really looking for is the Aero body kit. However, the Anniversary edition (or some of them, depending on what dealers called "Anniversary") also had the Aero kit. I know for a fact that Two-Stroke To Turbo had an Anniversary recently, but one of the other dismantlers, such as Neo Brothers might have one too.

Thinking about it, you might also try them for the wheels.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
depending on what dealers called "Anniversary"  [/b]
I thought that the anniversary was a specific model from saab with the wooden/leather steering wheel, leather gear knob, saab aircraft logo seats, 8 spoke alloys etc... cos that that I have got and it looks just like the one in the saab anniversary glossy (which I also have).

Steve

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I would think that getting an aero bodykit will be expensive. Why not take the lower plastic coloured parts off and get them sprayed to the body colour?

Saab also did minilite look wheels that are very similar to the anniversary wheels (I have a set on one of my CSs at the mo and they look good - not sure if I prefer them to the 16 inch Aero wheels)

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by StephenA:
[qb] QUOTE
depending on what dealers called "Anniversary"  [/b]
I thought that the anniversary was a specific model from saab with the wooden/leather steering wheel, leather gear knob, saab aircraft logo seats, 8 spoke alloys etc...[/qb][/b][/quote]That's my understanding of the Anniversary model too, but I do know a couple of people who have CSs that were fitted out with all the CSE kit and that dealers described as "Anniversary". They don't have the body kit or the Anniversary alloys.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I think a lot of dealers (usually non-Saab, but not always..!!) advertise the MY98 9000's as Anniversary models, but I believe genuine Anniversary models (as described above by Steven) are MY97 only (1947-1997....50 years).
I've even seen a MY98 CSE FPT with the 225hp engine advertised as an 'Aero Anniversary' by a non-Saab dealer.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts