Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
what model head unit is it, i have an alpine cms 80, i think, been a while since i've had it out, all i did was ring my local saab dealer, gave him the serial numbers off the head unit, a day or two later i had the code, dont go to one of these places where they reset the code as my mate did for his alpine unit (saab 9000 audio system), and they trashed it

all the best

teesside saab

ps watch this space, getting my 9000 t back today after replacement g/box and new set of alloys, pictures available soon

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like its the same as your friends!, its a double DIN unit as fitted to the 9000 as an option i think, its made by Alpine and has aseperate power amp under the drivers seat.
I have the code already, what i want to know is what sequence do i follow to enter it?, ive tried entering the code then hitting various buttons but to no avail?
A step by step guide would be handy, the code is 5 digits, with all the digits under 6- this happens to be the highest memory preset button also.
Any more help appreciated!

Pete.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My current car has the Clarion head unit with a remote changer in the boot but my previous one had the Alpine unit like you have. As I recall, entering the code was simple - after connection , at switch on the unit flashed "code", the preset buttons corresponding to the code were then presed in the correct order. After pressing the last button the unit then fired up. Are you sure you've got the correct code?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy's! at present ive not properly installed the unit, ive temporarily connected it up to my battery on my 900 to check it worked but after speaking to a few different Saab dealers they recommend that the unit is installed completely -ie all connections for the cd player,head unit and amp need to be connected before it will recognise the code.
Im going to fit it tomorrow in my Fathers Carlsson and hopefully when connected to the loom it should work!
I know i have the correct code as i have the Saab Anti-theft card with the corresponding serial no. and code for it.

Thanks for the replys guy's

Pete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.