Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought above car, on way home engine management came on, no effect to running at all, purrs like a kitten, so has anyone any ideas, please no stupid replys! Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We thanks for that obvious tip, I was wondering if there was one particular prob they all suffer
But thanks anyway

·
Administrator
5,104 Posts
What do you mean i'm not getting what you mean..All modern cars which have an eml on,will need to have the code/s read,there is no other way to determine what the problem is.And if you took it into a garage they would do the same thing...

I've been working on cars for 35yrs..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No look, I'm not looking for an arguememt, I used to be a mechanic years ago, but some cars have traits in which they suffer from certain problems all the time, a weak spot, a sensor, etc etc I was just asking if there was a weak point ie a sensor to change etc etc that's all, to start with.

·
Administrator
5,104 Posts
there isn't,you need to read the code/s.get the code read and post it up...

·
Registered
75 Posts
No look, I'm not looking for an arguememt, I used to be a mechanic years ago, but some cars have traits in which they suffer from certain problems all the time, a weak spot, a sensor, etc etc I was just asking if there was a weak point ie a sensor to change etc etc that's all, to start with.
The EML can be triggered by so many things. My OBD reader was £50 a month ago. Well worth the investment

And it will turn off limp mode too, which makes it a lifesaver if you're a long way from home!

N

1 - 9 of 9 Posts